Teo Hong Road Teo Hong Road was named after Teo Hong also known as, a Hokkien carpenter and veuve clicquot polo classic discount tickets contractor from Lam Ann, China.
Ferries shuttle between Butterworth Georgetown/Penang every 10 minutes, taking 15 minutes, see the Butterworth Penang section below.
In the shadow of the financial districts high-rise towers, Singapores Chinatown is accessible by either Chinatown or Outram Park MRT stations.
At his last visit of Singapore in 1900, a 92-year-old Sir Henry Keppel was given the top honour by the Straits Settlement government when Keppel Road was officially named after him.MRT, of course, stands for the Mass Rapid Transit trains that run both underground and above ground throughout most of Singapore.There is also a De Souza Avenue off Jalan Jurong Kechil (also see De Souza Avenue).This led to the boom of the rubber industry in the region, and by the 1920s, Malaya became the top rubber producer in the world.He is a registered architect in Singapore.Born in a shophouse at Beach Road, Lim Nee Soon was educated at the St Josephs Institution and Anglo-Chinese School, after which he started picking up skills in the booming rubber industry.Alkaff Mansion, on the other hand, was built at the top of Telok Blangah Hill in 1918 by Syed Mohammed bin Abdul Rahman Alkaff, nephew of Syed Shaikh Alkaff.Kim Tian Road Tan Kim Tian or Tan Kim Tean, was a China-born local businessman who made his fortune through shipping and steamship building in 1866.Alexandra Road (Queenstown) Named in 1864 after Queen Alexandra of Denmark (Alexandra Caroline Marie Charlotte Louise Julia, the Consort of King Edward VII of the United Kingdom.Beside Lim Hoe Chiang Co Ltd, Lim Teck Kim also ventured into pineapple, tobacco and coffee businesses, and had established the popular Happy Valley amusement park in 1924 at the junction of Tanjong Pagar Road and Cantonment Road.Also the Superintendent of the Peninsular Orient Steam Navigation company Limited, he was largely responsible for the colonys outgoing mails, freights and passages in the mid-19th century.A restaurant car is attached between Hat Yai and Bangkok, for dinner breakfast. .Farquhar Street (defunct) Farquhar Street was named after William Farquhar (1774-1839 the First Resident of Singapore between 18also the Sixth Resident of Malacca.Raffles City Complex, designed by world-renowned architect ei, is perched atop City Hall MRT station, and a great starting point for exploration.Central (Orchard/Tanglin) Almeida Road (defunct) No longer existing today, Almeida Road used to lead to Mount Victoria, where the residence of Jose dAlmeida (1812-1894) stood (also see DAlmeida Street) Anderson Road Anderson Road was named after Sir John Anderson (1858-1918).Cheang Hong Lim Place The Cheangs was one of the most well-known Chinese families in Singapore in the 19th century, with a host of streets named after their members.It was occupied by the Japanese invading forces during the Second World War.He oversaw the completion of the sea wall from Fort Fullerton and old Telok Ayer Market, and was heavily involved in the town planning and the Tanjong Pagar Dock.In 1923, he retired from his positions and returned home to Scotland.